Some lessons from today.
1. Don't build a business on all or nothing bets. Coming second in a football match means you lost. Coming second in business means you're Bill Gates.
2. Be precise in your vision for the future. Only then can you hold yourself accountable. The first step to improvement.
3. Learn from your mistakes. When something doesn't happen the way you forecast it, analyze why and what you can do to improve the outcome next time.
4. Don't expect limitless growth from a group without some mistakes along the way.
5. If you're an Englishman, never ever expect Germans to do what you want.